The technical client-facing focus
you need to grow your business
Are you a CEO struggling to grow your business
due to a lack of a technical client facing focus?
- Do you have an offshore or external dev team?
- And even if you’re happy with the technical output of the team…
- Are you struggling on calls about new partnerships and clients that need tech answers?
- Have you lost sales or clients because of poor communication from tech?
- Does it take days to get answers from the tech team while clients are waiting?
- Has there been times when the dev team has gone off and built the completely wrong thing?
- Do you know if everyone on the team is being used properly?
Here’s the common story:
You have a tech team you’re happy with, they could be offshore or an external company…
You might even have a tech lead, head of technology or startup CTO who’s doing a good job…
But you’re struggling on calls about new partnerships, new integrations and client acquisition.
Your capabilities and technology are just not getting showcased in the best way.
Your tech team doesn’t speak well or enjoy this type of work, you’re unable to break down technical things into the right message, things are misunderstood, you’re repeating meetings and losing clients as a result.
SmartCTO is here to help you with this.
Our promise to you is to be the technical client-facing focus you need to grow your business.
We deliver on this through:
- CTO expertise coupled with intrapersonal skills
- The ability to enter any business, upskill and perform all client facing technology duties
- Translating your business domain knowledge and giving the right message to your clients, sales team and developers
- Showcasing your capabilities to clients and creating a feedback loop for your development team
What Clients Are Saying
As a founder of a SAAS business, you don’t know what you don’t know. We have a GM of Engineering but there is so much more needed and we don’t have the resources for a full-time CTO. I saw a CTO’s strengths being understanding how our SAAS platform formed part of the ecosystem of other technology solutions that our customers need. So we brought Greg in as Virtual CTO to help us with external planning including integrations with third-party platforms.
Greg immediately started making his presence felt, very subtly, in multiple other ways. Including creating systems that better connected the external-facing sales team with the remote development team. As well as reducing frustration with systems that helped develop a clarity between the development roadmap and new dev ideas. He’s made a big impact on the team.
Hi! I’m Greg Freeman and I’ve been a CTO at different companies for the past 8 years.
A recurring problem I’ve seen and overcome is how to get the cost savings from offshore or external dev teams while at the same time keeping the sales and client service teams happy.
If you have this problem in your company or you’ve experienced it, you’ll know what I’m talking about.
A lack of an external voice of technology really takes the shine off of otherwise good work on all sides of the business.
My methods come from real experience:
I’ve grown a software development team in Vietnam to more than 20 people, saving $1,500,000 annually for a company.
I’ve also hired offshore for specialist dev roles, saving hundreds of thousands of dollars.
And my CTO experience has enabled me to work in Australia, USA, Canada, Vietnam and Germany.
There are not any challenges with this type of working setup that I haven’t experienced and solved for.