The technical client-facing focus
you need to grow your business
Are you a Founder or CEO looking to get more out of your development team?
We can help you reduce fixed development costs while ensuring you can face your own clients with confidence
- Do you have an offshore team or use an external company?
- And even if you’re happy with the technical output of the team…
- Are you struggling on calls about new partnerships and clients that need tech answers?
- Have you lost sales or clients because of poor communication from tech?
- Do you know if everyone on the team is being used properly?
- Do you have a clear view into what’s going on in the team?
- Does it take days to get answers from the tech team while clients are waiting?
- Has there been times when the dev team has gone off and built the completely wrong thing?
Here’s a common story:
You have a tech team you’re happy with, they could be offshore, an external company or a distributed team you don’t see face to face.
You might even have a tech lead, head of technology or startup CTO who’s doing a good job.
But you’re struggling on calls about new partnerships, new integrations and client acquisition.
Your capabilities and technology are just not getting showcased in the best way.
Your tech team doesn’t speak well or enjoy this type of work, you’re unable to break down technical things into the right message, things are misunderstood, you’re repeating meetings and losing clients as a result.
SmartCTO is here to help you with this.
Our promise to you is to be the technical client-facing focus you need to grow your business.
We deliver on this through:
- CTO expertise coupled with interpersonal skills
- The ability to enter any business, upskill and perform all client facing technology duties
- Translating your business domain knowledge and giving the right message to your clients, sales team and developers
- Showcasing your capabilities to clients and creating a feedback loop for your development team
What Clients Are Saying
As a founder of a SAAS business, you don’t know what you don’t know. We have a GM of Engineering but there is so much more needed and we don’t have the resources for a full-time CTO. I saw a CTO’s strengths being understanding how our SAAS platform formed part of the ecosystem of other technology solutions that our customers need. So we brought Greg in as Virtual CTO to help us with external planning including integrations with third-party platforms.
Greg immediately started making his presence felt, very subtly, in multiple other ways. Including creating systems that better connected the external-facing sales team with the remote development team. As well as reducing frustration with systems that helped develop a clarity between the development roadmap and new dev ideas. He’s made a big impact on the team.
Hi! I’m Greg Freeman and I’ve been a CTO at different companies for the past 10 years.
A recurring problem I’ve seen and overcome is how to get the cost savings from offshore or external dev teams while at the same time keeping the sales and client service teams happy.
If you have this problem in your company or you’ve experienced it, you’ll know what I’m talking about.
As a CEO, it’s ideal to keep your fixed costs low but you also don’t want your product and customers to be impacted.
A lack of an externally-facing technical voice really takes the shine off of otherwise good work on all sides of the business.
Our Virtual CTO service will ensure you get the promised cost savings on development while avoiding the downsides.
You can bring us into an existing development team or we can recommend development partners we trust.
My methods come from real experience:
I’ve grown a software development team in Vietnam to more than 20 people, saving $1,500,000 annually for a company.
I’ve also hired offshore for specialist dev roles, saving hundreds of thousands of dollars.
And my CTO experience has enabled me to work in Australia, USA, Canada, Vietnam and Germany.
There are not any challenges with this type of working setup that I haven’t experienced and solved for.